Monday, September 28, 2009

I am about the world's worst blogger...I just feel like we are boring and nothing exciting ever happens! So now let me think here. Well, Larry is still working his butt of at the Mirage and comes home spent, as he calls it. The last three months I have been working at Deseret Industries...it is not because I am retarded or handicapped. They have a new vocational program for people like me that can't get a job. You see those 18 years I spent at Dr. Call's office did not prepare me for the next adventure due to the fact that Dr. Call was anti-computer. Therefore, I do not know the denal software needed to land a job. Well the program at DI helps you with classes or business partnering to get the knowledge you need to get the job. Business partnering would be for DI to find a dentist that would let me come work at their office with no charge to them. Deseret Industries would continue to pay me and I would go give the dental office some help and learn the computer dental software at the same time. This is a short term program, around 6 months or so.
We are going to St. George on friday night so we can be there to watch Lindsay cross the finish line on her first marathon. I am so proud of her. Hey if you need a good laugh go to Angie's blog and read about Angie and Camary's gospel teaching moment! It is so funny!!!
We are really hoping to come to the Taylor Family Halloween Party this year. You all need to see Shrek and Fiona in person. Becca has informed us she wants to be one of the triplet's! Well Ta-Ta for now as Tigger would say. Love To One And All!!!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like life is busy and good ... and flyin' by just like you said. You guys have raised such an incredible family. I love y'all so much and hope to see you for Halloween!!!

Angie said...

Thanks for the update, Mom. Can't wait to see you again.

heidi said...

You are so cute. I love your line...not because I'm retarded or handicapped...that made me laugh. Glad things are going well.

Linz said...

You're so funny! THanks for the update! Can't wait to see you on Friday!

mandi said...

I'm glad it's not because you're retarded! haha That was really funny. That sounds like a cool program, though! I love to hear about what you're doing. Love you!!

Pam and Rand said...

Wow - you updated. I am so excited to hear you're coming for the Halloween Party! FUN. I can't wait to see your outfits! Good luck on the job front. That's great to learn the right skills. It's good to know you're not retarded. Ha ha. We'll have to have a brief celebration for Larry's big 60 and 40th anniversary. You should be proud!

michelle said...

So good to read your new post. That picture of your and Larry is good. It was good to see your cute little face. Take pictues of your Halloween party so I can see everyone. It is freezing up here. It snowed Wed. and Thur. we woke up to 3" of snow. I need to come home. Love ya. Michelle Stew

Martin Family said...

Need to hear how some of how favorite people in the whole world are doing. Hope you are well. Miss you soooo much.