Sunday, June 28, 2009

I AM WAY TOO YOUNG TO BE THIS DARN OLD!

Yesterday I was going to update our blog. I tried to get some pictures on but it just didn't work out. I need remedial computer lessons!!! Well, on June 11, 23, 13 Larry and I went to stay at Angie's house in Elk Ridge Utah so we could go to my (get this) "40" year class reunion!!! Wait didn't we just have our 20th about 2 years ago. I am here to tell you Time Flies wheather you are having fun or not!!! I do think it goes even faster when you are having fun.
It was so cool because we had an all girl party on Thursday night...Thanks to Tamara Swenson Cobbley who has a big beautiful house on the hill in Provo. We had tons of great food and a whole bunch of giggling!!! Then Lynette and I had a sleep over at her house, isn't Larry a congenial husband? Lynette is my long time friend from high school and much much more . It is rather funny because at our 20 year reunion it was Mike (Lynette's husband) Lynette and me and at our 40 year reunion it is Lynette, Larry and I. So on friday we picked up Lynette at her Mom's house and went to the reunion. We had a major down pour of rain but it cleared right up and everything was great for the reunion at the High School Court Yard. We had great food and good company. We honored those that had passed on to a better place and we released white ballons in their honor. It was really amazing because all those white balloon stayed together until they were out of sight. At one point 2/3 of the balloons made a heart shape. I kept saying "I sure hope I am not a white balloon at our next reunion." I'm sure I won't be!!! The theme of our reunion was SeniorProm which I took to mean we were having a formal dance (WRONG) it was just a play on words so the beautiful formal I took up there to wear sat in the closet and I wore a skirt and top, way more comfy. I do happen to know I wasn't the only one who brought formal attire!! A couple of the girls wore their high school prom dress pinned to their clothes because those old dresses were just a tad to small. One girl actually wore hers. It was a fun night and then on Saturday morning we rode on a float in the Art City Days Parade and of course my sweet granddaughter Camary had to come be on the float with Grandma Cindy and Camary wore her princess dress and crown. It was so... so...so... Cute!!! Well Happy Summer To All, now go take a nap!!! Love To Ya'll

3 comments:

Angie said...

We sure enjoyed having you here. I'm glad your reunion was fun. Love you!

Linz said...

I'm glad you had fun you OLD FART!!! =D Love you!

Pam and Rand said...

How is Lynette? I remember being good friends with her - we even went skiing together at Park City. Was it from employment at Sygnetics? I can't remember that far back. Your reunion sounded great. Mine is coming up in August. It's amazing how old everyone looks! (Though certainly not us!)